If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
Custom Search

Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Applying for PR inside Canada - PNP

Hello Guys,

A new post after such a long time. Well, I was kinda busy sorting my life, finding a job and then applying for permanent residency. So, I 'll share some of my experiences with you. Well, its slightly influenced with Alberta Immigration Program, but I guess it can give you a general idea.

My husband moved from Ontario to Alberta to find a job and he got one in 3 weeks (Cheers!!). He is on open work permit because I am an international student. So, as he got a permanent position, he applied for AINP - Employee Driven after 15 days. The initial processing time 1 month. We waited and waited. Nothing. Then, after one month program officer contacted him for more documents. Since I was in Ontario for my studies and he was in Alberta for his job, they doubted that we would eventually go to Ontario once I'll get a job in Ontario. However, my husband provided our lease for home signed for one month by me and him to ensure that we aren't going to stay in Ontario. There is nothing left in Ontario, why would we stay there- no jobs, lots of competition and less money. He wrote this as a cover letter and the progra officer was satisfied. We then waited and waited..still no response. So, my husband contacted them. No reply. My husband again contacted them after 15 days. No reply. So, then my husband got worried and contacted again and they told them that since he is in probation period, his job isn't considered permanent and once his probation is over, they will contact his employer and start processing of application. Well, the process took around 4 months for us to get our AINP certicate.

While we had already applied for our AINP, we didn't want to delay our PR application. So, when we were notified that our application has been received by AINP, we started to gather our documents. We applied for police clearances certificates, birth cirtificates etc. By the time we received our AINP certificate, our PR package was already ready and we just attached our original AINP certificate and mailed to CIO Nova Scotia on the same day. After exactly one month, our money was deducted from our credit card and we recived our acknowledge ment of receipt in 20 days. After 3 days our E-CAS (Client Application Status) got updated with our information and showed the status as 'Application Received'. So, now a week has passed and we are waiting for medical request. On tracking other applications, I observed that CPP-Ottawa generally emails (if you have provided your email address on PR application form) with a week. However, in my case its been over week and still no response. So, I guess it depends on PNP provincial qouta like Ontario PNP applicants got medical requests in just 4-5 days. However, I guess it should maximum take around 2-3 weeks to get medicals request. So, I'm still waiting for it and will keep you posted!!

Best of luck with your applications!!

Shruti

13 comments:

  1. Hi. I applied through AINP and just completed my Medical Examinations and related tests. The doctor has confirmed me that she already sent the results to CIC. How long do you think it will take CIC to get back to me after this step? I am single and the only applicant in my case.

    Thanks for the wonderful post. It surely does help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the medical exam, it nearly takes about 1-2 months for your file to be in-process and after it's in process, it takes about 3-4 months for the decision to be made.

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Thanks again! Sorry I didn't see your response earlier. Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. Hi.I am an international student and my husband is in India. I will be applying for PNP Ontario soon. Will he be able to come to Canada when our application is approved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no firm answer on that. It depends on the immigration officer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi shruti ...how long you think it takes after BCPNP is approved till your PR if everything goes on track. My lawyer told me 8-10 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiii shruti
    I have applied for federal before 4 months ago bt i does not receive my application no at yet . How long

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should send them an email asking them about your application status. It also depends which country have you applied from..if you've given your credit card information then keep an eye on your bank account to see if there is any sort of authorization. They usually email you if they have your email address. Check your spam/junk/promotion tab (in case of gmail)..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello shruti.....I just have a quick question REGARDING my PR....I am done with my medical in march and I submitted all my papers.....my online status showing dat my file is under processing since August 26 2014......I m waiting for my passport call.....can you pls tell me how long does it take after medical. ....ur help would b greatly appreciated. ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the status was under processing in August, it may take another 3-4 months for passport request.

      Delete
  8. Hi all,

    I faced my medical exam on 30th July under AINP. guys please tell me how long will it takes to get the passport request ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should send them an email asking them about your application status. It also depends which country have you applied from..if you've given your credit card information then keep an eye on your bank account to see if there is any sort of authorization
    ainp contact

    ReplyDelete